uteDigi BMX Bluetooth to UART module uses CSR BlueCore4- External chipsets. It embeds 8Mbit flash for software storage, and supports 3.3V power supply. BMX is a muti-function module. It can be used in different products according to the embedded firmware settings. It is especially targeted for data transfer.
The second generation Bluetooth UART module has two working mode: AT command mode, and automatic binding data transparent mode. In automatic binding data transparent mode, it can be configured to Master, Slave or Loopback three different modes, and it will connect to or be connected by other devices that support SPP protocol per configuration.
- Chipset CSR BC417143 (BlueCore4- External)
- Bluetooth version V2.0+EDR
- Output power Class II
- Flash 8Mbit
- Power Supply 3.3V
- Interface UART
- Size 26.9mm*13mm*2.2mm
- Rohs Yes
For the module sold before 4/10/2010, it has first generation firmware, please refer to the following section:
if you are not sure, please compare to the picture:
- 1. The local Bluetooth module can be paired with at most 8 remote devices, but it can only connect to one device at one time.
- 2. The default setting will be restored after power cycling. UART port setting will be hold.
- 3. TX, RX should be in high level in order to enable BMX module to sleep in idle mode.
User manual (for the old firmware)