8X8 LED matrix has too many pins that Arduino is difficult to interface. This kit shows how to use an interface chip MAX7219 to interface Arduino to drive 8X8 LED matrix.
This is a 8X8 LED matrix kit that includes the following:
- Electrolytic capacitor：10uF/25V
- Sockets to hold MAX7219 and LED matrix
- Bare PCB
The board needs a power supply of 5V /1A.
- Ground of Arduino -> GND of the module
- Digital pin 8 of Arduino -> DIN of the module
- Digital pin 9 of Arduino -> CS of the module
- Digital pin 10 of Arduino -> CLK of the module
Step 8Lay down C2, and install the MAX7219 and LED matrix to their receptacles.Finally, we get the finished LED matrix module: