The MM74HC595 high speed shift register utilizes advanced silicon-gate CMOS technology. This device possesses the high noise immunity and low power consumption of standard CMOS integrated circuits, as well as the ability to drive 15 LS-TTL loads.
This device contains an 8-bit serial-in, parallel-out shift register that feeds an 8-bit D-type storage register. The storage register has 8 3-STATE outputs. Separate clocks are provided for both the shift register and the storage register. The shift register has a direct-overriding clear, serial input, and serial output (standard) pins for cascading. Both the shift register and storage register use positive-edge triggered clocks. If both clocks are connected together, the shift register state will always be one clock pulse ahead of the storage register.
It is a Simple shift register IC. Clock in data and latch it to free up IO pins on your micro.
- Low quiescent current: 80 µA maximum
- Low input current: 1 µA maximum
- 8-bit serial-in, parallel-out shift register with storage
- 8-bit shift register with tri-state output register
- Wide operating voltage range: 2V-6V
- Shift register has direct clear
- Guaranteed shift frequency: DC to 30MHz
- DIP-16 package