The FT311D Development Module is a development module which utilises the FT311D IC to develop USB accessories connecting to Android platforms via Android Open Accessory mode. It is a Full Speed USB host specifically targeted at providing access to peripheral hardware from an Android platform with a USB device port. The FT311D IC will bridge the USB port to any one of the six user selectable interface types like GPIO, UART, PWM, I2C Master, SPI Master, SPI Slave and has the following advanced features:
- Based on single chip USB Android Host FT311D IC.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip.
- Any one of the six user selectable interface types: - GPIO, UART, PWM, I2C Master, SPI Master, SPI Slave
- Interface options selectable via 3 mode select pins.
- 7 GPIO lines interface option
- USB error indicator pin
- Basic UART interface with RXD, TXD, RTS, CTS, TX_ACTIVE pins option.
- 4 PWM channels option.
- I2C Master interface option.
- SPI Slave interface option supporting modes 0, 1, 2 and 3 with MSB/LSB options
- SPI Master interface option supporting modes 0, 1, 2 and 3 with MSB/LSB options
- Suitable for use on any Android platform supporting Android Open Accessory Mode (Typically 3.1 onwards, however some platforms may port Open Accessory Mode to version 2.3.4)
- 12MHz external crystal.
- Standard USB Host connector to connect with Android USB Slave device.
- +5V Single Supply Operation
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible