The DS0201 is the Original design of DSO Nano (the same as DSO Nano in v1.1), and the latest version hardware of this pocket oscilloscope is v1.6. DS0201 (DSO Nano) is a compact digital oscilloscope based on an ARM Cortex™-M3 compatible 32 bit platform. The DSO is equipped with a 320x240 color display, microSD card capability, USB connection, and rechargeable LiPo battery.
The DS0201 is easy-to-use and has a number of useful functions. It has a 1MHz sample rate, which isn't huge, but should do the job for most hobbyist use. The measurements are displayed on a 65,000 color, 2.8", 320x240 TFT color LCD. Other specifications include up to 10mV/Div and 1us/Div sensitivity, 80Vpp max input voltage, and a 1Msps 12Bits max sample rate. Waveforms can also be saved to a FAT16 formatted microSD card.
|Display||2.8″ Color TFT LCD|
|Display Color||Display Color|
|Analog bandwidth||0 - 1MHz|
|Max sample rate||1Msps 12Bits|
|Sample memory depth||4096 Point|
|Horizontal sensitivity||1uS/Div～10S/Div (1-2-5 Step)|
|Horizontal position||adjustable with indicator|
|adjustable with indicator|
|Max input voltage||80Vpp (by ×1 probe)|
|Trig modes||Auto, Normal, Single, None and Scan|
Automatic measurement: frequency, cycle, duty, Vpp, Vram, Vavg and DC voltage
Precise vertical measurement with markers
Precise horizontal measurement with markers
Rising/falling edge trigger
Trig level adjustable with indicator
Trig sensitivity adjustable with indicator
10Hz～1MHz (1-2-5 Step)
|PC connection via USB||
as SD card reader
by bootloader via USB
3.7V Chargeable Lithium battery / USB
|Dimension (w/o probe)||
105mm X 53mm X 8mm
- Connectors are added between 2 PCB board.
- Modified the circuit layout of inputting part.
- Using thin-film keypad, not need the gasket any more.
- MCX precision plug probe is used.
The greatest feature of this DS0201(DSO Nano) oscilloscope is that you can update the different firmware for it ! There are many different version firmware made by hobbyist - different version has its advantage, you can choose the firmware which most suitable for you to upgrade.
Features of latest firmware v2.5
- Modified the pattern of background coordinate grid.
- Correct the grammatical errors in the boot prompt information.
- Changed UI mode of operation: use right or left button to select the menu, up and down keys to change the menu option.
- Added "FIT" adaptive function for scan synchronization mode: 1)automatically select the scan time according to the signal frequency; 2)automatically select the sensitivity of Y-axis according to the signal amplitude.
- Without SD card, you can press both "p" and "M" button to automatically save the current state as the boot state.
- Save as BMP files.
- When AUTO, the M can cancel the comparison waveform.
This package includes the DS0201(DSO Nano)v1.6, a 700mA Lithium battery(The battery can be recharged via USB)
a back plate to keep the battery inside
as well as a mini-probe and clips
More Open Source Information About DS0201
- DS0201 v2.5F/W User Manual
- Schematic of DS0201(DSO Nano)
- DS0201 Library v2.21(dfu)
- DS0201 Latest APP v2.5(dfu)
- DS0201 APP v2.5 Source Code (IAR Project)
- Files Model (For saving file to SD card)
- Third-party firmware: DS0201 APP yijian v2.0 (Need v2.21 Library)
- Third-party firmware: DS0201 Paul v1.4
If you want to save the waveform into the SD card, initial your SD card first :
1. Format SD card with FAT16
2. Download Files Model
3. Decompress it, and copy to the root folder of SD card.