The Colorduino is a RGB LED matrix driver platform basis on ATMega 328P. This design is to make user easily modify or write the firmware of Colorduino by Arduino IDE. Colorsduino pairs the M54564 with a single DM163 constant current driver. By using the DM163, the Colors shield gains three 8+6-bit channels of hardware PWM control of the LED’s freeing up the MCU from having to implement it in software. This gives the ATmega more CPU bandwidth for performing other tasks. Colorduino is easy to cascade by IIC and Power interface.
- 8bits colors support with 6bits correction for each color in every dots
- Hardware 16MHz PWM support
- Without any external circuits, play and shine
- Dedicated GPIO and ADC interface
- Hardware UART and IIC communication with easy cascading
- 24 constant current channels of 100mA each
- 8 super source driver channels of 500mA each
In order to download the Arduino code using Arduino IDE, you need to have a USB TTL breakout board that supports toggling the DTR pin.