Arduino Yun compatible IO gateway runs OpenWRT, has USB host port and full Ethernet and 802.11 b/g/n WiFi capabilities. Applications for this IO gateway include remote control of robots, data logging, web applications for data presentation, mesh networking over WiFi and many more.
System Block Diagram:
- Power input, DC 5V or 9 ~ 15V
- Two Ethernet ports WAN and LAN
- Programmable PUSH button
- GPIOs, SPI, I2C, SLIC, UART, LED, COLD_RESET, 3.3v/5v/raw_vcc
- Sensors I/O, Not available on ms14-p
- USB host
- JTAG and GPIOs
- Processor, MIPS 24K, 400Mhz
- LEDs(WiFi, WAN, LAN, SYS, Heart Beat, PWR)
- Main antenna, chip antenna or external antenna
- Diversity antenna
- Hardware System
- FLASH: 16MB
- DDR RAM: 64MB
- CPU: AR9331
- Power input: 9 ~ 12v DC or 5v DC
- 10M/100M RJ45 interface
- WiFi Spec
- Protocol: 802.11 b/g/n
- Frequency: 2,412 - 2,472 GHz
- Power: 100mW
- OpenWrt Inside. OpenWrt is a reliable Linux distribution for embedded system. It is open source, under well developed and maintained. OpenWrt used package system, lots of powerful utility, software are maintained as packages form. Users can easily install, remove these packages to make a deep customized system.
- Open Hardware Design. Developers have the possibility to improve or do innovation on the hardware and release a new /unique product base on requirement.
- Low Power Consumption. Around 1 watt power consumption in working mode.
- AP, Client or Mesh mode WiFi. Can be configured in different WiFi mode for various applications. AP mode: as what a normal WiFi routers does, so other WiFi client can connect to IO gateway and share its internet connection. Client mode: as what a normal PC does to connect to your existent WiFi router for internet connection. Ad-Hoc for mesh network.
- Stable, Flexible WiFi Design. Can be configured in different WiFi mode for various applications. AP mode: as what a normal WiFi routers does, so other WiFi client can connect to IO gateway and share its internet connection. Client mode: as what a normal PC does to connect to your existent WiFi router for internet connection. Ad-Hoc for mesh network.
- Modular Design. The most complicate and difficulty parts are built as mother board. Developers focus on the MCU daughter board design only. This helps to reduce the development time, cost, risk, difficulty to release a new product to test/seize the market.
- Production Enclosure. IO gateway has a Professional/Industrial enclosure which can be used directly for the market.
- Managed by Web GUI, SSH or Serial. Built-in Web server provides convenient to use/configure/upgrade/monitor or have full control by SSH/Serial.
- Various firmware upgrade methods. Firmware can be upgraded via serial port, SSH access, GUI interface for easy maintaining.
- Safe Mode. Robust software/hardware interface to reduce after-sale support cost.
- Remote upgrade AVR daughter aboard. Daughter board can be upgraded remotely to reduce the maintaining cost and provide central management/ deployment.
- Compatible with Arduino Yun software. Reuse all the source from Arduino Yun to speed up development.